[fpc-pascal] Cache-line alignment for records

Matias Ezequiel Vara Larsen matiasevara at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 09:28:15 CEST 2023

Hello everyone,

Apologies in the case this subject has been already discussed. I require
that some global variables be cache-line aligned. This is a requirement
for per-CPU variables that are statically defined to prevent cache
ping-pong. Is there any way to do this at fpc when the record is
declared? This would tell compiler to align every definition. Currently,
I can simply allocate memory and do the alignment afterwards, however, I
can't do this for all the cases.

Thanks, Matias.