[fpc-pascal] Downloaded cross-compiler from Sourceforge - wiki incorrect?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 07:53:07 CET 2023

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 07:38:30 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 09:47:36 +0100, Martin Frb via fpc-pascal
><fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>>On 23/03/2023 09:25, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:
>>>
>>> Then opened Lazarus 2.2.4 with my project and changed project options as
>>> follows:
>>>
>>> Compiler_Options/Config_and_Target/Target OS(-T): Win32
>>>
>>> Everything else left as-is.
>>You need to change the CPU to i386 too
>>
>OK, I thought that the current processor could be used since it can run both
>types of programs...

A follow-up question:

Is it possible to configure Lazarus itself to have multiple build modes (Default
and win32) such that one does not have to redefine them every time a new project
is created?

Right now I have operated on the Project/Options/Compiler_options to set the
target as Default or win32. I could create a new build option for win32 along
side with the Default where the target system, target cpu and target dir were
changed from default to specific.

But these modes are AFAICT specific to this project and so have to be re-created
for every new project where the crosscompiler will be used in order to easily
switch between them.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden