[fpc-pascal] Lack of PIC code support for m68k CPU (was: FPC crashes with Internal error 200502052 compiling shared library on m68k)

Karoly Balogh charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Fri Mar 10 15:23:03 CET 2023

Hi,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023, Peter B via fpc-pascal wrote:

> Thanks for your interest in this Charlie.
>
> Just requesting that maybe any more thoughts on this subject could go to the
> bug report?
>
> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/issues/40177
>
> As this thread will probably be lost in the mists of time,
> but the bug report should stay open till fixed.

I now assigned it to myself, so I won't forget it. :) (After all, I did a
lot of work on FPC/m68k, and I should be the maintainer of it, or
something... :) ) I'm really booked out for the next couple of months, but
I definitely want to address this going forward.

> FWIW, I don't have any m68k hardware to test any fix, just noticed that the
> c-evo-dh build crashed on Debian.

Ah, thanks. This would be actually the 2nd time a great set of FPC/m68k
fixes come out of some Debian builds. The first time they integrated FPC
3.x for m68k, I also had to do a dive in and fix a handful of issues (and
Pierre did a few too, I think). Overall, this kind of feedback is really
helpful for legacy/niche processor archs.

Thanks!

Charlie