[fpc-pascal] 3123 inherited not supported inside inline

Hairy Pixels genericptr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 17:21:40 CEST 2023

> On Jun 24, 2023, at 10:11 PM, Hairy Pixels <genericptr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Doesn't this mean the compiler can dictate the binary size by inlining everything even if the programmer doesn't want that?

and another thing, I have frequent problems with a crash which happens in an inlined function and it's now not possible to step into the code in the debugger. Now I can disable the inline and step in the function but if it was auto inlined that would be really bad. Maybe the debug info could fix this though? It's a general problem with inlined functions anyway.

Regards,
Ryan Joseph