[fpc-pascal] Programming Pascal using an AI Chatbot

Dwight Schauer das at teegra.net
Tue Jan 3 18:33:43 CET 2023

On 1/3/23 11:17, Anthony Walter via fpc-pascal wrote:

> In summary, while OpenGPT is obviously imperfect, generally it feels
> like a revolutionary leap forward of several magnitudes. It ought to
> be plainly clear that the proverbial toothpaste is now out of the tube
> and there is no going back. These types of artificial
> intelligence (AI) are only going to become more refined, accurate, and
> prevalent. The idea many scholars or businesses have expressed to
> somehow restrain them is beyond myopic. Instead, everyone should
> familiarize themselves with this new category of AIs right now, their
> limitations (as you have expressed), their benefits, and most
> importantly how they can be molded in further revisions to be better
> rather than relegated.

Agreed. I see OpenAI ChatGPT a tip of the iceberg sampling of what is to
come.

In the way it is currently, though rather crippled in many areas, it is
still revolutionary and extremely useful.

But one must understand it's limitations.

It guesses a lot and that is usually good, but it still often gets
things wrong.