[fpc-pascal] Oberon-0

tsiegel at softcon.com tsiegel at softcon.com
Wed Apr 19 01:25:24 CEST 2023

Gcc has already been ported to the propeller II, (and it runs on the
original propeller too), so porting other languages should be
"relatively" easy.  I've not made the attempt to port anything yet
though, mostly because I've been out of the propeller world for a couple
years, and now that the version 2 is out, I'm trying to reestablish some
working environments so I can use the propeller 2.  I have bought some
of the mystery boxes, which gave me a propeller 2 edge board with 32MB
of ram, but I don't think I have an actual propeller 2 just yet.
Needing others to id things for me is making the list of products I have
hard to create, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, since gcc exists, any compiler that uses gcc as the backend
should be possible to port.  I've thought about porting FPC, but I'd
have to start with a version that's already meant for smaller systems, I
do believe someone posted a link to one a few months ago, perhaps that
one could be used as a jumping off point, would be interesting to see
pascal available for the propeller boards.