[fpc-pascal] VASM upgrade to 1.9 breaks cross compiler build

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 18 16:43:06 CEST 2023

Hi,

I think that my daily tests are using vasm 1.9 for sinclairql,
and I have no problems with them.

could you please be a little more specific about the exact version
of the compiler and the make command line you are using?

I used current trunk compiler with:
muller at gcc186:~/pas/trunk/fpcsrc$ make crossall CPU_TARGET=m68k OS_TARGET=sinclairql OPT="-n -vx"

which uses version 1.9c
muller at gcc186:~/pas/trunk/fpcsrc$ /home/muller/bin/m68k-sinclairql-vasmm68k_std
vasm 1.9 (c) in 2002-2022 Volker Barthelmann

And completes successfully:
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/muller/pas/gitlab-fpc-source'
/usr/bin/echo Build > build-stamp.m68k-sinclairql
/usr/bin/echo Build > base.build-stamp.m68k-sinclairql
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/muller/pas/gitlab-fpc-source'

Pierre