[fpc-pascal] IRC channel for FreePascal support ?

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.nl
Thu Apr 13 15:26:40 CEST 2023

On 13/04/2023 13:55, Rik van Kekem via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Op 13-04-2023 om 12:53 schreef Jacob Kroon via fpc-pascal:
>>
>> Thanks for checking, but well, I just got contacted by "Joanna"
>> privately on IRC, this is the chatlog:
>>
> The following topic might be of interest. You can view it without
> registering.
> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,61328.0.html
>
> There are more people who have the same problem with that IRC channel(s)
> and with 'Joanna'.
> Especially the strict rules that are enforced.
> (your chatlog doesn't stand alone, there are also multiple topics on the
> forum about this, besides the link given above.)
>
> BTW. That IRC channel is not an official FPC/Lazarus channel.
> (I think 'Joanna' is the founder of the channel and sole moderator there.)

#fpc and #lazarus were the official channels in the freenode times.
After freenode got abandoned, some active users started those channels
on libera. Soon after that I registered #lazarus as the official channel
for the lazarus project. No registration is done for the fpc channel (yet)
As of today, Joanna is not a channel operator anymore on the lazarus
channel. She has been warned that the same could happen for the fpc channel.

Marc