[fpc-pascal] Here is real time graphics and physics simulation library

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Jul 31 19:11:36 CEST 2022

On Sun, 31 Jul 2022, Anthony Walter via fpc-pascal wrote:

> Michael,
>
>> Since there are many things you do not provide but which are needed
>> in real-world programs, that makes it de facto useless.
>
> This library is intended for fast 2D/3D animated graphics with 2D physics
> simulations. These can be applied to things like games, kiosks, video
> playback, and a bunch of other use cases. Mind you I also have network
> sockets, a themeable UI widget system and with a designer, and other useful
> and fun stuff (animation storyboards, sprites, shader object and vertex
> buffer helpers, and so on). If you feel that providing a small runtime
> built around SDL2 that provides a clean start (no SysUtils, Classes,
> Graphics, Controls, or Forms units) makes for useless real-world programs
> then I don't know what else can be said to you.

Your needs are fairly limited, it seems it is centered around graphics.
This is certainly one aspect of programs.

But a real-world program as I make them daily needs much more than that.
What about report rendering, Database access, web components, services,
various file formats ?

Just take your pick from the rich libraries provided by FPC or Lazarus.
Almost none of them can be used since most use exceptions.

Yes, one could reinvent the wheel for all of them, no doubt, if you want to
reinvent the wheel.

Like I said: "not invented here" syndrome.

And not very willing to cooperate either, judging by your reply. Pity.

Michael.