[fpc-pascal] Union field after property violates "field before property" rule + property of union field not possible.

Jean SUZINEAU jean.suzineau at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 15 15:03:12 CEST 2022

For this particular error I think you should just follow the advice of
compiler in the error message :

Le 14/08/2022 à 11:49, Skybuck Flying via fpc-pascal a écrit :
>             // normal/standard property
>             property StandardField : integer read mStandardField write
> mStandardField;
>
>             mStandardField : integer;  // ERROR "field definition not
> allowed after methods or properties" problem 2.

Error: Fields cannot appear after a method or property definition,
start a new visibility section first

   property StandardField : integer read mStandardField write
mStandardField;
public
 mStandardField : integer;

But I think you'll get then, on the property line :
Error: Unknown class field or method identifier "mStandardField"