[fpc-pascal] First Version Vector Toolkit in OpenGL

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 12:25:42 CET 2021

> On Oct 31, 2021, at 4:57 PM, Anthony Walter via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> As mentioned before, this library will be released to a git repository soon with a FOSS license. It will be able to run on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Pi including the new Pi Zero 2 W.

Thanks, please post when it's up.

An open question I have with OpenGL based UI libraries is how (or if) composting happens. For example, are you rendering an entire window to a frame buffer and then updating that when one of the controls requests changes, or are you just drawing the entire window and controls every frame?

I made a similar UI library which is loosely based on Cocoa but I didn't use any compositing so the entire window needs to redraw itself each frame. This is good enough for basic UI's in games but it's terribly inefficient so I wanted to tackle the problem of a composition layer (frame buffer) which updates only when controls request it and update only that portion of the window.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph