[fpc-pascal] Make clean error when building fpc 3.2.2 from sources

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:02:59 CET 2021

I am trying to build fpc 3.2.2 on an Ubuntu 20.04.3 virtual machine while
documenting my steps along the way.
I am doing this so I can later repeat it on the real target and after getting
the fpc sources not through SVN but using this wget command which I received
after asking on the forum:

wget
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/archive/release_3_2_2/source-release_3_2_2.tar.gz

Then expanding the file into dir ~/devel/fpc/3.2.2 using:

  tar -xvf source-release_3_2_2.tar.gz
  mv source-release_3_2_2 3.2.2

I have also downloaded a seed compiler ppcx64 version 3.2.0 and symlinked it
into my ~/bin dir.

This is what happens when I execute the first make command inside the fpc source
dir:

  ~/devel/fpc/3.2.2$ make clean
  make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
  /usr/bin/rm -f build-stamp.*
  /usr/bin/rm -f base.build-stamp.*

I have checked that build-essentials are installed on this Ubuntu machine.

Where do I go from here?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden