[fpc-pascal] Keeping current with FPC Source on gitlab

James Richters james.richters at productionautomation.net
Sat Nov 6 01:09:02 CET 2021

I'm trying to set things up so I can stay up to date with the latest FPC
sources on gitlab.
I'm following the instructions found here:
https://www.freepascal.org/develop.var  - Connect to Source Repository with
Git

So I have cloned the read only sources, and now I have the FPC directory
described, and I can update my local copy.. but,  now what?
How do I go from having this source cloned directory to being able to
compile my programs with the current sources?
Do I need to use the source to re-install FPC every time I want to update
it?  If so how is this accomplished?
Or is there a better way to just update everything when I update the
repository without re-installing it?

James