[fpc-pascal] Hello, new Pascal programmer. had a question!

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:52:53 CEST 2021

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 12:23 PM Liam Proven via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> I've got Lazarus running here and it's more of the same. But I
> discovered that I have `fpc` in the terminal and I had a "Hello world"
> program running in 30 seconds there... something that took hours in
> Delphi.

Menu->Project->New Project->Simple program

And now you have exactly the same as in the FP IDE, but with the
additional benefits of CodeTools.

I came from TP 3.0->Tp6.0, so I understand where you came frome.
But nowadays I find the FP IDE and even TP (in my DOS VM) cumbersome
compared to Lazarus.
None of the things I got used to work there (nor do they do in D3 or
D7 for that matter).

--
Bart