[fpc-pascal] How to get fpc and lazarus sources when svn has shut down?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 12 15:04:56 CEST 2021

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 11:02:50 +0200, Martin Frb via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> 1) Afaik the OT is looking at only checking out. He isn't planing on
>> making any (local) commits.
>
> Exactly, I could have used svn export instead of svn co in my script and it
> would have worked fine. But at the time I was totally geared towards co...
>
> What I am after is a way to retrieve the sources inside a script so no webpages
> to click buttons on etc, just a simple command to actually get the sources
> themselves is what is requested.

Well, all mails so far gave you this info ?

The only thing what is not clear from your question is whether this script will also update
sources, or whether the sources are cloned only once.

If you do an update of an existing directory, instead of

git clone http://theurl/ thesourcedirectory

you must do

cd thesourcedirectory
git pull
cd ..

This will reduce the download size considerably.

Michael.