[fpc-pascal] How to get fpc and lazarus sources when svn has shut down?

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu Aug 12 07:26:21 CEST 2021

>     It's like switching car brands from a VW to an Audi or so.
>     Some buttons are in different places, your key will maybe look
>     different,
>     but that's it. It's a car, it brings you from a to b.
>
> It's not switching brands, it's switching the type of the car.
> from a passenger i.e. to a bus.
> It's still a car, but the concept is a little different.
>
>     A file version system manages versions of files.
>     The actual commands differ a little, but that's it.
>

> The human psychology. There were no particular problems for anyone to
> use SVN.
> It worked fine. So for the people it doesn't seem like an obvious
> reason for the change.
> The change is not recognized by the brain as a needed change, as a
> cure of some sort.
> Instead it's recognized as an unnecessary burden.

I must say that I have similar feelings.
No matter ...
I have related question: in SVN was possible to checkout specific
sub-directory (for example if I am interested in fcl-db package only I
checkedout only this sub-directory).
Is it possible with gitlab? Or I must clone whole
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source ?
Thanks ...
-Laco.