[fpc-pascal] Cross platform question about lpi file content

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:12:25 CEST 2020

I am trying to find the cause of a linker error when building my
application on Linux.
While doing this I looked in the project file projname.lpi and found
this strange entry:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CONFIG>
  <ProjectOptions>
    <Version Value="11"/>
    <PathDelim Value="\"/>

Why is the path delimiter defined inside the project information file?
And what are th consequences when moving the sources (via SVN) between
Windows and Linux? Obviously this setting would be fals in one
platform...

Seems like something that should be handled by FPC itself depending on
the platform it runs on.

My project builds fine now on Linux but refuses to link successfully,
could this be the reason?

It has started a series of messages about WSMenu items again for some
unknown reason during linking.

wsmenus.pp(263,1) Error: undefined reference to `WSRegisterMenu'

I am not using wsmenus...

It is a non-GUI application intended to run as a Linux service...
And the last time I had this problem pop up it was traced to LazSerial
and/or SdpoSerial, which pull in a lot of GUI stuff. But these
packages have been removed from the project.
I am now using a serial component based on the built-in serial unit so
there should be no GUI dependencies.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden