[fpc-pascal] Why can I not build fpc 3.0.4 with ppcarm 3.0.0 or 3.0.4?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 00:59:51 CEST 2020

I have a script I use all the time to install FPC/Lazarus on Raspberry
Pi units when I configure for development.

Today when I was setting up a Raspberry PiZero I was hit with this
message when I was going to build fpc 3.0.4 (sources checked out from
svn):

Makefile:2790: *** The only supported starting compiler version is
3.0.2. You are trying to build with ..  Stop.

The script downloads ppcarm from my website where I have stuffed 3.0.0
in a tar archive to use for this purpose. Has worked on more than 10
RPi units so far. I never before saw a requirement for ppcarm 3.0.2...

Anyway I know that fpc can build itself so I made an archive for
ppcarm 3.0.4 and uploaded that to the website and modified the script.
But no go, same message...

Any ideas?

--
Bo Berglund