[fpc-pascal] Graphing library

Wed Nov 18 22:30:39 CET 2020

On 15/11/2020 8:33 am, Darius Blaszyk via fpc-pascal wrote:
> I am looking for a simple to use non-visual graphing library to produce x-y
> plots in a  raster file format (similar to how pyplot works).

You could also use the fppdf code included with FPC and generate PDFs of any
size (you don't have to stick to standard paper sizes). Not sure if PDF will
suit your needs, but you will end up with a very portable format that scales.

Secondly, you could also use AGG-Pas. It's fully implemented in Object Pascal
so is very portable (I've used it on RPi, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and OSX). It
is a anti-alias sub-pixel framework with configurable rendering pipelines. You
can use the "raw" API to get the most flexibility, or use the easier 2D unit
but reduces functionality and flexibility. The latest code is included with
the fpGUI project, but still 100% stand-alone - no dependencies on fpGUI at
all. It also comes with a huge about of demos so show off the features.

Original AGG-Pas website. But as I said, the code in fpGUI's repo is newer
with multiple bug fixes and improvements.

  http://crossgl.com/aggpas/documentation/index.html

Both options have no dependencies on graphics libraries or GUI systems, so is
perfect for console of server side rendering.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/