[fpc-pascal] FPC development guiding.

popolony2k at popolony2k.com.br popolony2k at popolony2k.com.br
Mon May 4 20:30:02 CEST 2020

Hi Free Pascal team.

I'm a long term FPC user and ethusiast of Pascal language and it is my
preferred language. In my working day I'm used to coding with C/C++ or
even Java sometimes but in fact Pascal is my only real "love".

One week ago I received some good news from MSX community, that FPC team
is working on Z80 support to FPC (https://wiki.freepascal.org/Z80) and I
already built this version (I faced some problems to build but is
something that I could help too).

The reason why I entered this forum is because I'm very interested and
excited to help FPC team to improve Z80 support and even adding support
to MSX computers, because I have a big library made to be compatible
with Turbo Pascal 3.0 for (CP/M80 and MSXDOS) and this library has a
very complete support to several technologies related to MSX Computers
(specific crt and conio support, memory mapped management system, DiskIO
functions, IDE devices support, graphics support (soon) and so on).

I would like to know, what are the steps I need to follow to start
contributing with FPC team, (things like about coding style, code
patterns) and all necessary documentation to stay tunned with other
teams members direction.

Regards

Leidson Campos

PopolonY2k