[fpc-pascal] Pascal Language Server

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri May 1 19:13:16 CEST 2020

On Fri, 1 May 2020 21:32:24 +0700
Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> > On May 1, 2020, at 9:28 PM, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal
> > <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > "Explore" checks if some files have changed and if so rebuilds the
> > nodes.
>
> so I missed something fundamental! I used Explore because I noticed
> that I was able to get parser errors after calling it. When does the
> actual node tree get built then?

By many functions in CodetoolBoss. Explore, FindDeclaration,
FindReferences, GatherIdentifiers. All of them checks if a file have
changed and rebuilds nodes. If no file/setting has changed, nodes are
kept.

> I just want to load the file and
> step through the nodes like I explained earlier.

Maybe I misunderstand what "like I explained earlier" means. The thread
was pretty long.

Mattias