[fpc-pascal] TFPGMap retrieving values

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:23:37 CEST 2020

> On May 1, 2020, at 10:18 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> It is a map. It maps keys to values. Nowhere does it say how the map is implemented.
>
> If you need to decide which map to use I suggest you to look at this benchmark page: http://www.benibela.de/fpc-map-benchmark_en.html You can select various of the maps that FPC supports (both ones distributed with FPC and third party ones) and compare them.

I thought it was a hash map! From the page:

"The array based TStringList and TFPGMap are the most memory efficient, using less memory than even the cuckoo maps. However, as they are not hash maps, their usage is extremely slow, even if the maps are sorted, so they are nearly useless as maps. Their default setting of unsorted and (in case of TStringList) case-insensitive matching are quite dangerous."

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph