[fpc-pascal] Why external execution so slow?

Alexander Grotewohl alex at dcclost.com
Tue Mar 31 23:31:10 CEST 2020

Does FPC come as a 64 bit release now? I usually steal FPC from a Lazarus release because the 32bit compiler and it's generated binaries have a noticable lag executing on a 64bit Windows machine vs 64bit the whole way through.

The other though I had is that your E: is going to sleep while you're programming and the first execution requires the drive to spin up again.

--
Alexander Grotewohl
https://dcclost.com