[fpc-pascal] Killing the mail list

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:19:39 CET 2020

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 08:58:36 -0700 (PDT), geneb
<geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

>Use NNTP.  I think the fpc lists are mirrored here at news.gmane.io.

Exactly!

This is what I have done since I began following FPC/Lazarus (using
the GMane mirror of the mail list) and now I have a local searchable
threaded archive of it all dating back to 2003 inside my news reader!

I was worried a short time ago when GMane suddenly stopped working but
it turned out to be because of loss of the gmane.com domain...
It was soon online again under the domain news.gmane.io and after
changing my newsreader settings to that it just seamlessly continued
working.

This is a LOT BETTER than the web based forums where you have no
overview....

(I also use the Lazarus forum, but I could not live without the
mirrored mail list.)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden