[fpc-pascal] New Warnings with fpc >= 3.2.0

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:51:34 CET 2020

> Do it properly, and add a tab_None or somesuch

If I may, I would prefer "somesuch" vs adding a new constant.

But, really, would it not possible to write the equivalent of

if (kind <> tabulatorkindty(-1)) then

Maybe using in this case:

if (kind = tabulatorkindty(tak_lef)) or (kind = tabulatorkindty(tak_right))
or (kind = tabulatorkindty(tak_centered)) or (kind =
tabulatorkindty(tak_decimal)) then

But I would prefer a shorter way, mainly if the array is big.

----------------------

Other question relative to Warnings:

How to do this:

tdataevent(de_afterapplyupdate)

where TDataEvent is defined as

 TDataEvent = (deFieldChange, deRecordChange, deDataSetChange,
    deDataSetScroll, deLayoutChange, deUpdateRecord, deUpdateState,
    deCheckBrowseMode, dePropertyChange, deFieldListChange, deFocusControl,
    deParentScroll,deConnectChange,deReconcileError,deDisabledStateChange);

and de_afterapplyupdate was defined with:

const
 de_afterapplyupdate = ord(high(tdataevent))+6;

________________

Now:

--->  tdataevent(de_afterapplyupdate)

Gives as Warning:

"msebufdataset.pas(4070,16) Warning: range check error while evaluating
constants (20 must be between 0 and 14)"

?

> It is a warning not an error.

Yes, but it shows that something is wrong and it is time now to fix this
before problems

Fre;D

-----
Many thanks ;-)