[fpc-pascal] FPC buildbot

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jul 17 14:49:51 CEST 2020

Op 16-07-2020 om 08:37 schreef Darius Blaszyk via fpc-pascal:

> I was looking for the sources of a buildbot suitable for an FPC project. I would like to keep it as simple as possible, so no webserver hassle for instance. Just simply repo sync, build, run test suite and upload to ftp. I know buildbot.net but I was hoping on finding something specifically suited for FPC. Does anything like that already exists? Any help would be appreciated.

Well, there are the buildagents used by the fppkg-repository. You can
use them to build fppkg-packages. Try for yourself at:
https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/build (Login with your mantis or forum-account)

The code of these buildagents is here, but it's not 'simple':
svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/fpcprojects/fppkgreposerver/trunk/buildagent

Easiest way is to use an existing build-environment like Jenkins. But
you can also use gitlab.

Look for example here:
https://gitlab.freepascal.org/Joost/fpdserver/pipelines/293/builds

That one is automatically build after each commit. That's done with an
easy CI-script, and a kubernetes-cluster with a container with fpc
installed. (It's the same kubernetes-cluster as the fppkg-repository
above uses)

There are so many options...

Regards,

Joost.