[fpc-pascal] OpenCV

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:28:29 CET 2020

Adriaan van Os <fpc at microbizz.nl> schrieb am Fr., 14. Feb. 2020, 12:22:

> > SWIG 4.0.1 did build out of the box on OSX, the Delphi version did not.
> Porting the Delpi changes
> > to a newer version of SWIG will take time too. Is there any special
> reason why Delphi support is
> > not accepted for the SWIG main code tree ?
>
> I found <https://sourceforge.net/p/swig/mailman/message/22466974/>. It
> looks like tha patches for
> Delphi (and FPC) just needs some rework, to get included. Projects like
> these (swig-delphi) tend to
> die out, unless included in the main code tree.

You did look at the date right? They are many years older then the github
fork I linked to so those will probably work even less.

I agree though that some it should become part of their upstream, but for
that there first needs to be a working implementation. That is also
probably the reason they don't have it yet: no version got far enough...

Regards,
Sven