[fpc-pascal] TurboVision is reborn as FOSS (again)

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Tue Dec 22 01:39:57 CET 2020

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:

> As long as one knows why a certain temporal construct is used there is
> no problem and at least in Germany (or more specifically Bavaria) we
> were taught that in masses.

As a native speaker of a language which only has three tenses and no
grammatical gender, it's difficult to decide if the twelve tenses of
English, or the three genders of German are the more confusing. :P
(Probably still the latter, tho'... ;) )

Anyway, any interest to develop Free Vision further is very welcome one,
so we can move it from past tense to a future one. I still think text mode
UI for console and terminals still has a place, but sadly the current FV
implementation doesn't necessarily plays well on some Un*x terminals (it's
highly dependent on the font, and many other factors), also a mono mode is
sorely missing, which is a problem for both some modern and retro use
cases. And yeah, on the high-end, Unicode would be needed.

Charlie