[fpc-pascal] Pascal Language Server

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 29 10:37:08 CEST 2020

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020, Ryan Joseph via fpc-pascal wrote:

>> On Apr 29, 2020, at 3:23 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> and then it should be a matter of creating a descendent of the language client.
>> The C# one seems easy enough to convert :-)
>
> Let me know if you can figure it out.

Will do.

> VSCode looks pretty difficult:
>
> https://github.com/donaldpipowitch/how-to-create-a-language-server-and-vscode-extension

I think the client-side is relatively simple ?

> Sublime text was pretty easy (just install the LSP plugin and fill out the JSON settings).

Yes, they did the heavy lifting for their editor. A good initiative.

Well...
if the Lazarus team can implement a LSP plugin for the editor, then we'd have instant language support
for a whole bunch of languages. That would be awesome...

Michael.