[fpc-pascal] unexpected termination with no errors

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Wed May 15 18:32:38 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 15 May 2019, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:

>> (Sidenote: I've been pondering for a while if I should report this as a
>> bug. I think the RTL should put a try-except around there, to show a
>> stacktrace on unhandled exceptions, just like the main thread dying
>> does, but who knows which Delphi de-facto standard behavior would that
>> violate, so meh...)
>
> That is already the case at least for TThread descendants as can be seen
> in rtl/unix/tthread.inc, ThreadFunc. This is needed for the
> FatalException field.

Hmm, I see, indeed. Should have checked the source code, but I never
cared... -.-' Well, the stacktrace is stilly only printed on DEBUG_MT, if
i'm correct?, so from the developer's perspective, the thread is still
dying 'silently', and sometimes it's hard to identify if your thread went
away or just blocked, when seeing an issue... Anyway, not important and
unrelated here.

Charlie