[fpc-pascal] Linux DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) porting

Rainer Stratmann rainerstratmann at t-online.de
Thu Mar 21 23:41:08 CET 2019

Currently I am porting some C code from the Linux DRM Mode-Setting API to
pascal. First in my own way. So that it is usable for me. But it would be
possible to make a separate unit out of it, of course.

I could compile the modeset.c code with the Linux compiler. It runs well on
Linux. It's a good assist to check the progress of the porting.

https://dvdhrm.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/linux-drm-mode-setting-api/

Also the library code has to be ported. That is not easy, but should be
possible. About 1/3rd of the work is done, I guess.

May be someone is also interested in DRM and we can divide the work :-)

With DRM you can have access to all the possible video connectors on the
mainboard. You can have access to the framebuffer directly for example. It is
interesting for embedded devices, like I am working with.