[fpc-pascal] bug in make install ?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Mar 18 22:04:17 CET 2019

Op 18-03-19 om 18:20 schreef Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 17:02:35 +0100
> Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
>
>> Op 15-03-19 om 22:48 schreef Mattias Gaertner via fpc-pascal:
>>> How to install fpc 3.3.1?
>>>
>>> When I use make install under Linux, Lazarus complains:
>>> Error: the Fppkg configuration is corrupt.
>>>
>>> I can compile everything without errors.
>>
>> "Make install" does not create any configuration-files (like fpc.cfg
>> and fppkg.cfg).
>
> If fppkg.cfg is the cause, why does the Lazarus initial setup not tell
> this?

I found it difficult to come up with a descriptive message.

Do you think that "fppkg.cfg" is better then "fppkg configuration"?
Problem is that it could also be in the fppkg-compiler configuration
file (by default called default). But it could also be something else.
To be honest, I don't have a clue why it does not work for you. One
guess would be that you do not have the fpmkunit-directory available.

>> Use samplecfg to do that:
>>
>> sh compiler/utils/samplecfg /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.3.1
>
> Or this?
>

>> Btw: you can also use the button in Lazarus in the initial
>> configuration screen which will essentially do the same. At least is
>> should.
>
> Does not work. Can you elaborate, what it should do?

Call samplecfg. ;)

The dialog checks if the given prefix is valid. (It checks for the
existence of a few files) It has some hard-coded paths to check for to
fill the combobox, and it extracts the prefix from the given
compiler-executable.

When you click on the button to create the new configuration-file, it
calls 'fpcmkcfg -3' and 'fpcmkcfg -4' with the parameters deducted from
the given prefix. Just like samplecfg on Linux does.

After this, it re-loads fppkg. And it checks if the rtl-package can be
found. If this is not the case, it complains.

So, can you give the output of 'fppkg listsettings' and 'fppkg list -d',
to check why it can not find the rtl?

Regards,

Joost.