[fpc-pascal] Need Advice: Teaching a Child Programming

Wed Mar 6 22:27:26 CET 2019

On 06/03/2019 16:06, Anthony Walter wrote:
>  I could simply use Skype and
> set him up to allow me to occasionally take control remotely, but I am
> wondering if there might be a better way?

For VOIP, I have been been using Jitsi [https://jitsi.org] for quite
some time and talk across continents in groups of 5-10 people with great
success. It uses standard VOIP built right into most modern web
browsers, so no extra software installs required, no creation of
accounts and totally free.

Simply pick a url chat room name, and share that url via email or such.
It does voice, video, can do live streaming, record video, group chats
etc. I did not explore remote control support, so unsure if it can do
that, but wouldn't be suprised if it could.

Example chatroom url:

  https://meet.jit.si/pascal_training

Regards,
  Graeme