[fpc-pascal] USB Human Interface Devices

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Tue Jul 30 22:54:07 CEST 2019

Hi James!

Am Dienstag, den 30.07.2019, 13:52 -0400 schrieb James Richters:
> > > Due to my lack of understanding of Windows, I've not yet taken
> > > over his changes, because I wanted to wait for confirmation from
> > > other users. So if James had some feedback, I'd appreciate it
> > > greatly.
>
> I'm trying to get this to work on windows,  I'm having a lot of units
> not found errors when I try to compile anything at all.. I'm not sure
> what I need here to get the examples to work.    Here is a list of
> units I can't find when I try to compile with FPC 3.0.4RC1 on
> Windows:
>
> ezusb.pas(42,15) Fatal: Can't find unit Errors used by EZUSB
> I have no idea what Unit Errors is or what it might be for.

Thanks for pointing this out. This is a Unix unit, but it is obviously
not used in Ezusb. I've removed it now.

> libusb.pas(1350) Warning: Library c.dll not found, Linking may fail !                                                ■
> libusb.pas(1350) Warning: Library usb-1.0 not found, Linking may fail !
> I'm not really following where c.dll and usb1.0 are supposed to come from

It seems you didn't install the development stuff for libc and lib-usb?
At least in Linux, I always have to install these additionally (e.g.,
libusb-1.0-0-dev) to the "productive" libraries (e.g., libusb-1.0-0).

> usb.pas(31,22) Fatal: Can't find unit Baseunix used by USB

Same as above for Errors. However, this file is unused.

> mydevice.pas(27,20) Fatal: Can't find unit BaseUnix used by MyDevice
> I have no idea what BaseUnix does or if I can do something windows
> compatible instead somehow.

Same as above for Errors.

> Test1Library.pas:
> ║ (0) Error: Import library not found for c
> ║ (0) Error: Import library not found for usb-1.0

This seems to be again a problem because of the missing development
stuff for libc anc libusb.

> To be honest this is quite a bit over my head.  I'm trying to follow
> https://github.com/hansiglaser/pas-libusb/issues/4 but I'm just lost.

I would recommend, first to just compile the pristine pas-libusb
without any hints from that Github issue. Only if you get the same
errors, please try them and let me know.

As stated above, I've now removed all references to the units Errors
and Baseunix. Please "git pull" to the newest state on Github and
compile again. If you still face problems, please don't hesitate to ask
again.

Thanks
  Hansi