[fpc-pascal] USB Human Interface Devices

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Sat Jul 27 22:36:28 CEST 2019

Hi!

Am Samstag, den 27.07.2019, 14:27 +0200 schrieb Marc Santhoff:
> On Fri, 2019-07-26 at 22:37 +0200, Johann Glaser wrote:
> > Hi!

> > > http://johann-glaser.blogspot.com/2012/09/libusb-10-for-pascal.html
> >
> > Thanks for referring to my translation!
> >
> > @Brian: I wasn't even aware of a license topic, but when checking back
> > now, the wrapper for the "old" libusb 0.1 states GPL in the README. I
> > think this was a bad idea.
> >
> > Thanks to Marc to point to the newer wrapper for libusb 1.0, which uses
> > the same license as libusb, and for all stuff from me the same as the
> > FPC units. Just use the branch "libusb-1.0".
> >
> > Anyhow, I would recommend to use libusb 1.0.
>
> I've seen "$ifdef Windows" in the Code, so it does support Windows without any
> change?
>
> If so, that would be James' solution.

I've never tested it on Windows myself, but I integrated some changes
provided by other users quite some time ago.

BTW: A few weeks ago I was contacted on Github regarding Windows
support. The user had some issues, but then he found a solution.

https://github.com/hansiglaser/pas-libusb/issues/4

Due to my lack of understanding of Windows, I've not yet taken over his
changes, because I wanted to wait for confirmation from other users. So
if James had some feedback, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks
  Hansi