[fpc-pascal] PMake a new build tool

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 02:05:06 CET 2019

Hi,

I would like to inform everyone interested here that I just made a beta
release (v0.0.2) of a build tool I have been developing for some of my
projects which is called PMake.
PMake is inspired on FPMake and CMake, but much easier in its use (as far
as I am concerned). It compiles build "script" code into a "make" tool and
regenerates the build tools on demand. A nice feature is autogenerating the
build scripts, based on the files in the source tree. You can also do
out-of-source builds and install files and package files (ZIP only for
now). PMake parses the output of FPC to create visually more distinctive
output.
The basic concept are collections of unit files called libraries. These
libraries are labelled symbolically. The labels are used to assign
dependencies. It's also possible to create dependencies on generated output
(revision number to source file for instance) and compiled files, then
generating output even (some tool that generates an output file in turn).
There even much more...

The project is located here: https://github.com/daar/pmake

Please test if you like, comment if you have an idea or ignore if you're
not interested...

Rgds, Darius