[fpc-pascal] fcl-report demos not working on windows10/64 with win64 compiled - Font Arial not found

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 27 10:19:58 CET 2019

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019, Andreas Frieß wrote:

> I have now built the fcl-fpreport demos on win64 on a Windows10/64
> machine. But the demo is not running (comandline with -d jsondata -f
> pdf), because the font Arial is not found. It looks like the demos didnt
> use the gTTFontCache.ReadStandardFonts and so the standard font is not
> found.

Why do you think Arial is needed ?

All demos explicitly use a font, but never Arial. That is why gTTFontCache.ReadStandardFonts
should not be necessary.

Most demos use the LiberationSans font. Some use DejaVuSans or the Ubuntu font.
You must of course have these fonts installed in your system. The
LiberationSans font is included in the fonts subdirectory of the demo dir.

So the question is, why does not the demo program find these fonts ?

Michael.