[fpc-pascal] Interface delegates and the implements property specifier

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 23 08:07:53 CET 2019

Adriaan van Os <fpc at microbizz.nl> schrieb am So., 22. Dez. 2019, 20:53:

> I have always wondered why hierarchies in object-oriented programming are
> idolized, where in the
> database world hierarchical databases are something of the past and
> everything is relational there
> now <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relational_database>.

Because in object oriented programming languages one tends to try to work
with the common denominator to ease up the dependencies between the
concrete implementations. E.g. the LCL relies on TComponent and TControl,
it does not need to know that there is a TMyWhateverControl. I even miss
inheritance in databases as well as that would make the tables simpler.

Regards,
Sven