[fpc-pascal] linking Openwatcom object files (DOS)

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Aug 20 19:48:38 CEST 2019

On 2019-08-20 19:19, Andreas Berger wrote:
  .
  .
> We have a project written totally in Open Watcom for 32-bit DOS. I can
> port the whole of it to Freepascal with the exception of two libraries
> that I need (Drivers). If I can link these libraries, I will port (on
> my own time) the program to Freepascal. The program will continue to
> be for 32-bit DOS only.

Well... The Watcom linker is currently supported for the 16-bit DOS
target ("msdos") and win16, AFAIK. It is certainly not supported for the
go32v2 target, which is the main 32-bit DOS target in FPC. In the past,
there's been an attempt to create a clone of the go32v2 target named
"watcom" (with a specific partial RTL clone). However, that attempt
hasn't been actively tested and/or maintained recently. You might be
able to revive it, but no guarantees.

Tomas