[fpc-pascal] Documentation generation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Aug 18 11:43:01 CEST 2019

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019, leledumbo via fpc-pascal wrote:

>> How are the FPC RTL documentations generated? I wanted to see if I could
> generate .docsets files from them also.
>
> A starting point: https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPCDocs_Tutorial
> I believe that "write me" part is not far from calling make with certain
> options.

You simply call

make rtl.pdf

for the PDF version or

make rtl.chk

for the HTML version.

The README.DOCS file contains the following:
---
If you only want to generate the RTL and FCL reference documentation
in HTML format, starting from the fpdoc XML descriptions, then the
following 2 commands should be enough:

make rtl.chk
make fcl.chk

---

One wonders why these README files are created. No-one seems to read them
anyway.

Michael.