[fpc-pascal] += property bug?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 14 20:07:53 CEST 2019

Ryan Joseph <genericptr at gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 14. Aug. 2019, 18:04:

> > On Aug 14, 2019, at 11:52 AM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Roflol... yeah... people do not use Pascal because they have to type:
> > i := i + 1;
> >
> > Sure.
>
> I’m once again shocked that anyone would be against such syntaxes as += so
> maybe the compiler needs to put them behind a modeswitch. Given what Sven
> said I’m surprised they didn’t do this from the start. Even “out” is behind
> a mode switch after all.

They already are, but not a modeswitch, but a directive: {$COperators
On/Off}. Probably from a time before modeswitches were introduced.
It's even per default off. The default fpc.cfg however enables them...

And "out" is behind a modeswitch because modes like TP and ISO don't know
that concept.

Regards,
Sven