[fpc-pascal] PPCJVM Android target and bass library function call issue

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Sun Aug 11 10:52:21 CEST 2019

On 10/08/2019 22:26, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
> I Am very sad, that I do not know, how to correctly call The following
> function from bass.so when running apps produced by FPCJVM Android
> target mode.
>     class function BASS_StreamCreateURL(para1: JLString; para2: jint;
> para3: jint; para4: CUBBASS.InnerDOWNLOADPROC; para5: JLObject): jint;
> static; overload;

Where does this declaration come from? Do you have an existing Java
wrapper for libbass, and then generated the headers for it using javapp?
Or are you trying to directly call functions in libbass.so using
manually created signatures? The latter will never work, because FPC
does not know the "native" modifier for Java methods. Additionally, such
an existing Java wrapper would also ensure that all your parameter types
are correct.

Jonas