[fpc-pascal] XML - Indent, text content, special char

Bernd Oppolzer bernd.oppolzer at t-online.de
Tue Apr 30 15:36:49 CEST 2019

Am 30.04.2019 um 02:45 schrieb wkitty42 at windstream.net:
> On 4/29/19 1:27 PM, Gabor Boros wrote:
>> Is this not a bug? Lost of formatting is not disturb me but text
>> between > and < is the data/text content of a node.
>
> are you saying that you are trying to use fixed-width fields that are
> space-padded in XML files???

There is nothing wrong with that,
in fact I am aware of a typesetting system which uses XML as input,
and if you enclose your input text between certain tags (<pre> or
<sourcecode>)
you expect that the blanks between those tags are preserved.

The W3C standards, IMO, don't tell anything about what a certain parser
etc. should do to XML content (IMO, not much), there are not many
restrictions
(<, of course, should be <) ... attributes are different, of course.

Kind regards

Bernd