[fpc-pascal] Record helper properties

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:16:05 CEST 2019

Am 24.04.2019 um 15:28 schrieb Ryan Joseph:

>> On Apr 24, 2019, at 2:27 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> I would think this should be allowed, yes. I see no reason to disallow it.
> Agreed but Sven says something about published fields though. The property just acts as simple alias so I don’t understand what the problem could be either. I’ll put this on my to-do list to fix in the compiler if it’s permitted.
No, you're not permitted. The issues that would currently appear with
published properties will also appear with non-published ones once
support for extended properties is added. And I definitely don't want to
fiddle around with that only because someone didn't like to write some
boilerplate code.

Regards,
Sven