[fpc-pascal] how to customize so Pandroid would be usable from Lazarus for windows

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 14:21:44 CEST 2019

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 10:43:35 +0200, "Mgr. Janusz Chmiel"
<janusz.chmiel at volny.cz> wrote:

>Thank you very much for yours help.
>Yours advice helped Me. And I have finally downloaded really whole
>source code of Free Pascal including compiler and with The
>utils/fpcm
>folders.
>But I Am getting error from make about system unit, so I do not know
>where to set The path. To The units from downloaded sources or from
>folder, where I have compiler which compiles 3.0.0 version of compiler
>for ME?
>It will be big adventure for Me to finally get PPCJVM prepared to
>compile Android classes.

Questions:
1) Which platform are you trying to compile fpc on?
Linux, Windows. MacOs etc and which CPU (i386, armx64,

2) Did you download the seed compiler 2.6.4 from somewhere?
The binary is needed as a bootstrap to build fpc 3.0.0

There is a readme here for how to build fpc:
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_3_0_0/compiler/README.txt

I am using these commands whenever I need to build fpc (all in Linux)
(the fpc version number changes of course):

mkdir /home/<username>/bin
cd /home/<username>/dev/fpc/3.0.0/
make clean
make all FPC=<path to seed compiler>
make install PREFIX=/home/<username>
make sourceinstall PREFIX=/home/<username>
/home/<username>/lib/fpc/3.0.0/samplecfg /home/<username>/lib/3.0.0
/home/<username>
mv /home/<username>/fpc.cfg /home/<username>/.fpc.cfg

The seed compiler for building 3.0.0 is the previous release 2.6.4
compiler. You only need the binary for that compiler during build of
fpc 3.0.0.
Maybe you can find the seed compiler here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Bootstrap/2.6.4/

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden