[fpc-pascal] Lazarus Release 2.0.2 - suggestions

Wed Apr 17 17:32:49 CEST 2019

On 16/04/2019 19:49, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>> Anyone who seriously develops software, specially desktop applications,
>> is/should be using at least two (better 3 monitors).
>
> That is completely new for me that the amount of monitors is an indication of
> how professional someone can write good software.

True, there probably is no direct correlation between multiple monitors
and professional developers.....

But G*D damn, having multiple monitors are super useful when it comes to
desktop management. I started off with 2 monitors and 3 virtual desktops
(same apps always on same virtual desktops), and for the last 5 years
have been working on three monitors (hardly ever use virtual desktops
these days). 2 monitors were already a massive upgrade and 3 seems to be
the sweet spot for me (desk space and peripheral vision).

My setup:

  21" vertical on the left (1080x1920)
  27" landscape in the middle (2560x1440)
  21" vertical on the right (1080x1920)

All aligned on the top edge of the monitors.

e-mail client, web browser, console windows, help files (eg: pdfs, chm
or inf) are normally on the outer monitors, and development tools are
always in the middle. I absolutely love this setup!

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/