[fpc-pascal] Lazarus Release 2.0.2 - suggestions

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:03:45 CEST 2019

On 4/16/2019 11:49 AM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> On Dienstag, 16. April 2019 11:37:56 CEST Ralf Quint wrote:
>> On 4/16/2019 4:46 AM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>> Anyone who seriously develops software, specially desktop applications,
>> is/should be using at least two (better 3 monitors).
> That is completely new for me that the amount of monitors is an indication of
> how professional someone can write good software.
>
>> And the "many"
>> different windows allow easily to spread those out to those various
>> screens as needed. One screen has the source code and associated
>> windows, the second one the debugging windows, and the third one has the
>> actually tested application screen.
> For you that may makes sense.
> But for me that seems like pretending who has the biggest car.

Schwachfug. (Bollocks for the Anglophiles around here)

It's just a very efficient way to work, as you don't have two switch
back and forth between hidden/overlapped windows. A two screen solution
was even available back in the good old days of DOS, when you ran your
application on color (xGA) screen and your debugging and source
window(s) on an additional monchrome (Hercules/MDA) monitor. One of the
reasons why the Borland IDEs where lightyears ahead of Microsoft and the
other guys.

And this not only is an efficient way to program, but also for other,
everyday work. A lot of my clients, once they have used a 2-screen setup
would never go back to a single screen and dread when they have to work
off a single screen laptop (or tablet) for example.

Ralf

---