[fpc-pascal] MacOS wrong timestamp in debug map object file

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Apr 15 13:48:12 CEST 2019

I don't know the Mac well enough... What could cause the below?

From
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,44950.msg317604.html#msg317604

The logfile tells that the units have been compiled right before lldb
was launched. So the date 15.4 should be correct.

LLDB complains
error: project1 debug map object file
'/Users/andy/Lazarus/lcl/units/i386-darwin/carbon/carbonint.o' has
changed (actual time is 2019-04-15 12:17:05.000000000, debug map time is
2019-04-11 08:51:18.000000000) since this executable was linked, file
will be ignored

Our code in the IDE also rejects the files because of the wrong timestamp.

Apparently the files may be on an NAS. Not sure if relevant... I.e.
maybe if there is some cache...

I suspect it might be the linker (from apples developper tools?) that
writes the timestamp into the debug map? So not fpc?
Would the linker maybe have it's own cache, that may cause something
like this?

I also (strongly) suspect, that the files have been recompiled once or
more between the 11th Apr, and the current date. If so, then the linker
(if it is the linker) must have some cache somewhere.
This is because the same issue is in yesterdays log. The files also
where rejected. With the 11th April in the debug map. But yesterday they
would not have had todays timestamp...

Or maybe it is creation vs modification time?