[fpc-pascal] mode switch madness

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun Apr 14 19:39:34 CEST 2019

> On Apr 14, 2019, at 1:29 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> I like what Jonas did for the ObjC mode switch where he named them with versions. Maybe a {$mode objfpc2} one day.
> My idea was to maybe add a mode ObjFPCExt or ObjFPCAdv which is quite a bit less conservative and might break backwards compatibility a bit more often when new features are added.

That’s a good idea to make a place we can add new mode switches for new language features which 99% of people are going to use. Most mode switches don’t break backwards compatibility but the pending multi-helpers could certainly cause some problems. Array operators could also but can’t think of any others.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph