[fpc-pascal] Order of Precedence: FPC/Delphi vs Java

Sat Oct 6 20:48:35 CEST 2018

On 03/10/18 20:05, Santiago A. wrote:
> I don't know why you want to compare two floats, but you'd better use
> currency type.

I fully understand that. We do financial calculation up to 6 decimal
places, so can't use Currency data type.

Our real issue was the different results using the same calculation. I
thought order of precedence would apply in all cases, but couldn't fully
understand the outcomes we received. But after reading Florian and
Bernd's replies I now understand. The other issue was that our
application is 32-bit, where 64-bit would not have had this issue.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/